Northern Virginia is a beautiful place to live, but the weather can be brutal in the summertime. Screening in your deck can provide relief from the heat and also keep pesky bugs at bay. But is it worth it?
There are a few things to consider before you make the decision to screen in your deck.
What is a Screened Deck?
A screened deck is a platform that has been enclosed with screen walls and a roof. This is usually a permanent structure added to an existing deck. Screening in your deck can provide protection from the elements and allow you to enjoy your outdoor space without worrying about direct sun, bugs, or other pests.
The Pros of Screening In Your Deck
There are many benefits to screening in your deck:
- It will protect you from the sun’s harmful rays.
- A screened deck will keep bugs and other pests out.
- It can extend the use of your outdoor space by allowing you to enjoy it in the evenings and early mornings when the weather is cooler, as well as in the winter months.
- Screening in your deck can increase the value of your home.
The Cons of Screening In Your Deck
There are a few drawbacks to screening in your deck:
- A screened deck will not completely block out the weather, so you will still need to be prepared for extreme heat or cold. It is also possible that some rain will come in.
- Screening in your deck can be a bit of an undertaking – unless you contact the professionals at Home Vista! If you let us handle the job, we guarantee that you won’t have to lift a finger.
How to Screen in a Deck
If you’ve decided that screening in your deck is the right choice for you, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- The first step is to choose the type of screen enclosure you want to use. Home Vista exclusively uses and recommends Eze-Breeze® enclosure systems, which are made with durable, weather-resistant materials. They’re also customizable and can be easily added to an existing deck.
- Next, you’ll need to measure the space where the screen enclosure will go and order the materials. The team at Home Vista can help with this step to ensure that you get everything you need.
- Once the materials have arrived, it’s time to install the enclosure. This is where having a professional team like Home Vista can really come in handy! We have the experience and expertise to get the job done quickly and efficiently.
- Once the screen is in place, all that’s left is to enjoy your new outdoor space!
If you’re considering screening in your deck, the experts at Home Vista are here to help. We’ll work with you to find the perfect solution for your home and budget, and we’ll handle every step of the process from start to finish.
Screening in a Deck vs Building an Addition
If you’re trying to decide between screening in your deck or building an addition, there are a few things to consider.
- An addition will give you more space, but it will also be more expensive and time-consuming to build. A screened deck is a quicker, less expensive option that can increase your living space without the hassle of a major construction project.
- Building an addition will increase the value of your home, but so will screening in your deck. Additionally, a Northern Virginia screened deck will cost a fraction of the price of an addition and can be built in a shorter time frame.
Final thoughts on Screened Decks
Northern Virginia screened decks are a great way to enjoy the outdoors without worrying about the sun or bugs. This investment will add value to your home and provide you with a space to enjoy for years to come.
If you’re thinking about screening in your deck, the experts at Home Vista are here to help. We will handle the entire process from start to finish. Contact us today so you can start enjoying your new outdoor space as soon as possible!